Junior Desktop Support Technician
The Junior Desktop Support Technician is primarily responsible for the support, administration, and maintenance of desktops, laptops, software, and associated peripherals in collaboration with our Managed Services and Service Desk provider. Duties of this position include the installation, configuration, and support of operating systems and applications; participation in remote site administration; and production support activities. The highly motivated individual will work with the latest technologies in this role.
- Configure new computer hardware and software (mostly Windows-based).
- Perform upgrades and configuration of desktop and related peripherals.
- Troubleshoot desktop issues.
- Take service calls and either resolve them or pass them on appropriately.
- Utilize Service Desk system to maintain records of requests and responses for support issues.
- Hardware/Software installs and upgrades.
- Assist in the administration of a Windows environment.
- Excellent Customer Service in Face-to-Face, Telephone or Electronic Interaction with clients.
- Good Language and Communications Skills.
- Good Understanding of Computer Support and Troubleshooting.
- Microsoft experience, Knowledge of Windows Desktop and Mac Operating Systems.
- Competency in installing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing computer hardware and software on PCs and related equipment.
- Familiarity in Enterprise Antivirus Software.
- Printer Administration.
- BS Computer Science or related degree or equivalent technical work experience.
In addition to the specific skills listed above, Gryphon also seeks someone with the qualities listed below:
- Exceptional work ethic, with strong values and principles – takes all opportunities to go above and beyond the basic expectations.
- Detail-oriented, Ability to concisely describe or summarize a problem.
- Willingness to see a problem through to its resolution.
- An absolute commitment to customer services.
- A positive attitude and open mind that approaches problems from all angles.
- Most importantly, a good sense of humor.
The Junior Desktop Support Technician will work under the guidance of the Director of Operations. Gryphon fosters a strong team environment, and the successful candidate is expected to embrace this culture.