The System Administrator position will play a key role in supporting the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the existing Cloud (Google) platform, as well as provide strategic and tactical input as we continue to develop our Cloud capabilities. Includes successful delivery of IT services through the establishment of processes and controls that ensure the effective development, testing, and delivery of the platform infrastructure.
- Ensure the efficient operations of integrated components within the Cloud environment such as virtual machine hosts, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Maintain existing documentation of procedures, operations, and network topology.
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Participate in audits & security reviews, providing required IT documentation and/or information.
- Be an integral part of continually improving our infrastructure architecture as technology, industry standards, and best practices continue to evolve.
- Participate in the maintenance of security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Participate in the design of infrastructure to support day-to-day transactions.
- Liaise with vendors and IT personnel for problem resolution. Provide 3rd level support.
- Recommend, review, and implement new technology solutions.
- Maintain security baseline requirements for core IT systems.
- Cloud computing experience operating large cloud-based environments for production applications preferred.
- Experience supporting large-scale, business-critical systems.
- Experience with contractor management and Managed Service Provider management of SLA’s and day to day operations
- Strong experience with Cloud with Google Cloud preferred.
- Windows and Linus Server design, admin, installation, group policy, operations and support required.
- Hands-on networking experience including TCP/IP, routing, firewalls, ARP tables, and subnets.
- Experience with Cloud platforms and enterprise storage solutions.
- Experience with both Infrastructure-as-Code and configuration management.
- Familiarity with Atlassian suite of products (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Familiarity with the principles and practices of configuration management and change control.
- Ability to maintain automation and monitoring process.
- BS Computer Science or related degree or equivalent technical work experience.
In addition to the specific skills listed above, Gryphon also seeks someone with the qualities listed below:
- Exceptional work ethic, with strong values and principles – takes all opportunities to go above and beyond the basic expectations.
- Detail-oriented, ability to concisely describe or summarize a problem.
- Willingness to see a problem through to its resolution.
- An absolute commitment to customer services.
- A positive attitude and open mind that approaches problems from all angles.
- Most importantly, a good sense of humor.
The System Administrator will work under the guidance of the Director of Operations. Gryphon fosters a strong team environment, and the successful candidate is expected to embrace this culture.