Customer Alert: US & Canadian Holiday Telephone Solicitation Bans for November 2017
October 24, 2017
Please be aware of the following holidays requiring a US holiday telephone solicitation ban for the month of November:
- On Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, Louisiana prohibits unsolicited marketing calls to residents in observance of All Saints’ Day.
- On Friday, November 10th, 2017, Mississippi prohibits unsolicited marketing calls to residents in observance of Veterans’ Day (Observed).
- On Saturday, November 11th, 2017, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Rhode Island, and Utah prohibit unsolicited marketing calls to residents in observance of Veterans’ Day.
- On Thursday, November 23rd, 2017, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Rhode Island, and Utah prohibit unsolicited marketing calls to residents in observance of Thanksgiving.
- On Friday, November 24th, 2017, Louisiana prohibits unsolicited marketing calls to residents in observance of Acadian Day.
Please be aware of the following Canadian Marketing Association (CMA) member holiday telephone solicitation ban for the month of November:
- On Saturday, November 11th, 2017, the CMA prohibits members from making unsolicited marketing calls to residents of Canada in observance of Remembrance Day.
Gryphon has updated its existing service parameters to reflect this solicitation ban. Please contact the Gryphon Networks Helpdesk with any questions at 866-366-6822.
Navigating the state and federal regulatory maze while mitigating risk is becoming more daunting every day for compliance leaders. Especially when dealing with agents in branch offices, reps using personal phones, or independents and BPOs marketing on your behalf. For almost 20 years, Gryphon has protected the largest and most valued brands in banking, insurance, manufacturing and home services from headline risk, brand damage, and costly fines associated with outbound marketing violations.
Protect your business from TCPA and DNC Risk. The Cost of non-compliance extends far beyond the risk of fines. Since 1998, Gryphon’s highly patented suite of compliance services provides bulletproof compliance and protection from headline risk, brand damage, and costly penalties.
Our services apply all legal exemptions to those laws to help your business grow, and our experts provide customized consulting and support with expanding regulations. Bullet-proof compliance is only half the equation used to solve TCPA and DNC compliance issues. Gryphon’s intelligent cloud engine automatically applies legal exemptions (opt-ins) to make sure you are not over-suppressing legal contacts who want to hear from you. Gryphon’s Secure Cloud engine unlocks your largest marketable universe to maximize your outreach and protect every opportunity.
On November 22, 2023, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) issued a proposed rule that will drastically impact the lead generation industry as it relates to sellers and digital marketers’ ability…
As lines blur between personal and work phones with the growth of remote workforces, how can you ensure your sellers are in compliance with Do-Not-Call (DNC) and Telephone Consumer Protection…
Organizations have more to worry about than just outbound calling when it comes to remaining compliant. Under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), all marketing calls including SMS or text…
Learn more about Gryphon